Engineering Jobs, Wichita, KSElectrical Design Technician
Integrated Consulting Engineers, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time design technician to join our team. Our firm specializes in the design, engineering, and commissioning of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. The company was founded in 2006 to provide innovative professional engineering services to architects, design-build contractors, developers, municipalities, and owners.Apply Now
The position requires knowledge of AutoCAD MEP or Revit, basic building codes, and the ability to work with engineers and designers to produce construction documents. The candidate will represent the firm in all interactions with architects, clients, contractors, and other project team members. Passion, self-motivation, and strong leadership skills are necessary to deliver excellent design solutions for our clients. Candidates should have the ability to complete basic drafting tasks, including:
- Handle complex design and drafting assignments under minimal supervision using AutoCAD MEP or Revit.
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal specifications obtained from the project engineer.
- Work with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards, and design documentation.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to ensure coordination and design effort is maintained.
- Complete project responsibilities within the scope, budget, and schedule.
- An associate’s degree in Applied Science, Engineering Design Technology is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in building systems drafting is desired.
- Strong communication skills, a desire to learn, the ability to self-manage, and interpersonal skills are essential.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position consists of base pay at a competitive salary rate with overtime paid at an additional 1.0 x hourly rate. Additional benefits include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance, with employee coverage premiums paid at 100 percent
- 401k with 3 percent salary match
- Two weeks (80 hours) of paid vacation time per year, with one additional day of vacation awarded for every year beyond five years of service. At the end of 10 years of service, the employee will have a total of three weeks of vacation.
- One week (40 hours) of paid sick time per year
- Paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve (half day paid), and Christmas Day
- Complimentary Sam’s Club Membership (includes two membership cards)
- YMCA Corporate Membership Program (with a portion of the monthly membership fees paid)